This year, Mandela Day falls on a Saturday. So, to make it easier for you to volunteer at our SPCA, we're inviting you to spend your 67 minutes making life better for our furry friends on Friday 17 OR Saturday 18 July.
Put your your energy, enthusiasm, skills and love of animals to work between the hours of 9am-4pm on either day. Please bring your own tools/equipment to help:
- Repair holes in the ceiling (hospital)
- Repair/replace doors (hospital)
- Repair/replace door handles (hospital)
- Repair drawer runners in kitchen (hospital)
- Sand and varnish bench in garden
- Paint a ward (hospital)
- Fit shelving in storeroom (hospital)
- Replace tap washers (hospital)
- Increase the height of the drip wires in all 4 isolation wards (hospital)
- Replace missing latches on windows in Isolation ward (hospital)
- Sand and varnish window frames (hospital)
- Repair outside cage doors to runs (hospital)
- Repair door and window frames
- Erect rain shields
- Add extra latches to cages
- Clean pens
- Clean kennels and cages
- Clean storerooms
- Clean paddocks
- Clean farmyard
- Clean cattery
- Walk dogs
- Groom dogs
- Supply indigenous reeds, plants and shrubs to green the swale of our new Animal Centre
- Change the world with your small change
- Donate pet food
- Donate R67, R167, R267 or more!
We're challenging corporates, retail chains and schools to fill 67 collection tins on Mandela Day!
The small change in your pocket or purse can make a big difference to animals in distress!
These unique CANS may be collected from our vet shop at 6 Gabriel Road Plumstead or contact contact Natasha on 021 700-4155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you can't give your time, then please consider giving your cash towards our work with animals.
Your donation, made right now online, will help keep our Inspectors on the road, stock our veterinary clinic with life-saving medicines and equipment, and feed and shelter animals in distress.